Junior Data Engineer Job Purpose
- To deliver SCV and ETL solutions on behalf of Adroit Data & Insight’s clients and provide interpretative analytical support. Develop SQL to manipulate data for analysis.
Junior Data Engineer - Job Role
- Run standard projects acting as a point of technical contact for client liaison throughout the project lifecycle. Work directly with client and with internal account and analysis teams
- ETL development primarily in SIS, assist in the design, development, coding and technical testing of new and existing BI data-processing systems including design of new and modified data flows
- Establish data feeds and write SQL scripts to enhance raw datasets
- Work closely with colleagues, developers, and end users to ensure the solution meets business requirements and is delivered in a timely manner
- Assist in managing data feeds, troubleshooting ETL problems and performance issues
- Assist in writing supporting technical documentation and providing technical support as required
- Follow agreed internal technical and job management procedures
- Assist in supporting new business efforts to secure systems work e.g. contributing to proposals, obtaining quotes
- Communication – Communicating to and with others effectively, both in writing and orally. Client- facing skills, including verbal presentation of analysis to non-technical audiences. Capable of explaining complex issues in simple terms to a non-numerate audience.
- Interpersonal skills – Applying appropriate social skills in formal and informal interactions and across a variety of situations to build effective relationships
- Teamwork – Participating as a team member – putting in required effort and communication to ensure the team is effective
- Planning – Establishing a course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a specific goal; planning assignments and appropriate allocation of resources. Organised and methodical, enabling others to pick up work simply
- Analytical Ability – Effectiveness in analysing situations and identifying issues and looking at possible causes or problems and securing relevant information
- Technical Translation – Communicate technical information and concepts in written or oral form to non-technical audiences
- Resilience – Maintain performance under pressure, change, uncertainty and setbacks, and able to adapt own approach to cope with change.
- Adaptable and flexible, showing ability to re-prioritise work as client demands dictate
- Commitment – Determination to see things through, if necessary sacrificing one’s own present comfort in the interests of the organisation. Hard working, needing to work under pressure at times and occasionally able to work non-standard hours where deadlines must be met
- Initiative – Trying to influence events rather than just accepting things. Taking action to achieve even better results than are called for. Self-starter capable of working under own initiative with minimal supervision
Skills and Experience
- Database Developer qualification – ideally a degree level qualification in subject, but non-graduates considered with relevant experience.
- Knowledge of SQL Server to create analysis datasets.
- Candidate must show both knowledge and applied understanding of the following: ETL development, database & warehouse design, Data modelling, analytics and validation, MS SQL, SSIS, SSRS
- Exposure to advertising and marketing data
- End-to-end development life cycle experience (e.g. requirements gathering, development and testing)
- Some understanding of authentication and communication with REST/SOAP APIs
- Exposure to Python, Azure, Data Pipes, Data Bricks
- Knowledge of Hands-on experience with Data Analytics / Data Visualisation tools (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau, FastStats, SSRS/SSAS, etc) would be an advantage, but is not essential.
¿Qué te encontrarás en Adroit?
En Adroit encontrarás un ambiente de trabajo dinámico, enfocado a descubrir nuevas formas de aplicar las nuevas tecnologías y los datos para resolver problemas de todo tipo de organizaciones.
Si estás buscando una oportunidad donde aplicar tus conocimientos y experiencia y al mismo tiempo seguir aprendiendo cosas nuevas con soluciones tecnológicas de vanguardia, estás en el sitio adecuado:
- Adroit es una agencia de presencia internacional, con clientes y proyectos de envergadura global.
- Ofrecemos formación continúa para estar siempre a la última.
- El teletrabajo está plenamente integrado en nuestra cultura de empresa.
- Somos firmes defensores de la igualdad y el respeto a la diversidad e inclusión.
Si te encaja nuestra oferta, no lo dudes. Envíanos tu CV y carta de presentación.